Choosing the right vape flavor is the first part, even if you find a few. But what makes the most difference is how long it will satiate your cravings. Smoking cessation is where nicotine strengths play an essential part. Depending on the concentration, you can find the right nicotine level that doesn’t overpower the flavor profile. 120ml e-juice has created this article to better assist you in choosing the right e-liquid flavor/nicotine combination.
What is nicotine?
According to Wikipedia, nicotine is a widely used stimulant and potent parasympathomimetic alkaloid. Nicotine is also naturally produced in the nightshade family of plants. Furthermore, this component is what helps many smokers make the transition from smoking to vaping. While nicotine labels as a harmful substance, it’s important to note that e-liquid comprises of a significantly less amount of hazardous ingredients as the traditional cigarette.
While the side effects of e-liquid vary, the main side effects include:
- Increase in heart rate
- Increase in heart-muscle oxygen consumption rate
- Raised alertness
- A sensation of being relaxed
Is Nicotine Addictive?
Nicotine is considered the primary addictive ingredient in cigarettes. However, it’s essential to know this is among a vast amount of additional carcinogens. Studies show a few symptoms from withdrawal in nicotine. These acute symptoms include irritability, nausea, and headaches.
Freebase Nicotine & Salt Nicotine
This original formulation aims for lower dosage amounts. Considered to be called Freebase Nicotine, most e-liquids on the market contain this ingredient. If you’re vaping a more mechanical vape device like a mod – you probably want to stay in this range. You can typically find these available in 0mg, 3mg, and 6mg e-liquids.
The Rise of Salt
On the other hand, a new formula came to rise called Salt Nicotine. While it does sound like the typical Sodium, there is generally no real salt added to the recipe. This ingredient aims to give the sensation closer to smoking a conventional cigarette. The essential part is that it uses benzoic acid to smooth the higher concentration of nicotine. These e-liquids typically come in 25mg, 35mg, and 50mg.
Nicotine by Volume
Some e-liquid flavors use percentages in nicotine strengths rather than mg/ml. Contrary to the conventional measurements, this unit of measurement references the entire bottle. To measure how much nicotine is in an e-liquid using percentages, you take the percentage given by the whole bottle volume.
Comparisons of Vaping to Smoking
Your vaping experience is subjective to your frequency and personal preference. The way nicotine is absorbed in your body varies from each individual. It is essential to know that your nicotine preference may differ from our general guide on smoking equivalents. Our model comparison of smoking to vaping is as followed:
- 0mg/ml – No nicotine which resembles the pure flavor profile
- 3mg/ml – This selection is the least amount of available nicotine for freebase nicotine. Preferrable for light smokers or if you’re slowly weaning off of nicotine.
- 6mg/ml – Most recommended for light/moderate smokers transitioning from smoking to vaping. 6mg also aims for smokers who prefer light cigarettes.
- 12mg/ml – Aims for heavy smokers or smokers of unfiltered cigarettes. As the nicotine is at the highest freebase dosage, we recommend starting at a lower wattage.
- 30mg/ml – Also found in 25mg, these e-liquids are on the smaller side of salt nicotine. As the recipe keeps in mind the high dosage of nicotine, salt nicotine e-liquid flavors are generally harsher but maintain a closely resembled flavor profile. It’s important to note we recommend low wattage devices for all nicotine salt.
- 50mg/ml – These e-liquids are the harshest in comparison to all other nicotine concentrations. As with 30mg, manufacturing has adjusted its flavor profile to compensate for the high level of nicotine.
Lowering Your Nicotine Strengths
The ultimate goal for many smokers is to cut smoking out of their lives. Rather than the cold turkey process, the vaping alternative has been a popular solution for many. Lowering the nicotine strengths is a gradual process that takes patience and a little bit of experimentation. Initially, you should find an e-liquid flavor/nicotine combination that satiates your cravings. After that, gradually lower the provided nicotine that you see is tolerable for you.
For many previous smokers, nicotine has assisted them in smoking cessation by substitution through smokeless tobacco. 120ml e-juice does not condone harmful substances, but we always encourage making steps in a healthier direction. For many previous/current smokers, e-liquid has been the most popular alternative to wean from conventional cigarettes. If you choose the vaping option with this goal in mind, it’s important to note the process takes a little bit of patience. To get started, you can find a selection of our 120ml e-juice today.